Really, I find exams pointless.
Firstly, students have to study and lose sleep and fall ill and everything.
Secondly, so much paper is wasted.
Thirdly, results doesn't prove much. It just proves you're book smart and have good memory. So what if you don't do well? Does it mean it's the end of your life? There's always another way out.
Lastly, you're not gonna live your life memorizing textbooks after textbooks are you?
Sorry for all these exam rants. I just don't get the point of having exams. I guess it's just this really fast paced world we're living in where the main thing employers want is results. Maybe living the past was better. Yes, life was hard, but things were simpler then?
It's so stressful living in a country where all people compare is results. First thing that comes out of people's mouth is: "So, how're your results?" It's bad enough we haven't talked to each other for forever and suddenly after results are released, that is the first and only thing they ask. How realistic.