The Memories; Believe it Anyway.
Saturday, March 02, 2013 / 11:30 PM
Soooooo. Today calls for a celebratory post.
It was 1:15am, I just finished spending time with my dear bunny and was about to sleep when I checked my inbox and noticed I received an email from UCAS timed at 1:07am.
Having had 2 acceptance close to the application date, and 2 recent rejections one day after another (thankfully after my exams), I was beginning to lose all hope for the last Uni, which was my first choice.You see, the rankings for the 2 that accepted were the last out of my 5 choices, and the 2 that rejected were in the middle. My first choice happened to be the one with the highest ranking. I lost hope because well, the rankings were so high, and the acceptance rate was low.
So naturally, for the 5th time, when I saw "Something has changed on your UCAS application", my heart skipped a couple of beats. Signed into track@UCAS and for a couple of seconds I didn't dare look at the screen. But when I finally did, the widest smile spread across my face. Everyone else was asleep, so I ran out of the room, jumped in excitement, and sent Mommy an email to tell her the great news. I didn't text her as I knew that if I did, she wouldn't be able to sleep all night. I went back to bed and seriously couldn't sleep the whole night.
Went to treat myself to Starbucks in the morning and bam. Mommy replied me with 14 emails. I love how she's so supportive of everything I do. Maybe even more enthusiastic than I am.
With all that has happened, I'd like to quote Martina..
"This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe,
That tomorrow will be better than today,
BELIEVE IT ANYWAY."
Also, I do believe that 2013 will be a fantastic year. I'll be busier than ever, it seems, although it's the holidays. Packing my room, packing luggage, unpacking luggage, packing for Uni, traveling, driving crash course, meeting up with various people, making thankyou card for certain lecturers/tutors, & also graduation cards for my classmates. :) I've decided to make 19 different cards for my classmates to show my sincerity. Hopefully it works out. Oh I also need to research on things to do in London, Edinburgh, as well Paris. Planning for a trip is so tiring and tedious it's almost not worth it. But of course, after actually going for the trip, everything is worth it.
Thinking about moving to a foreign place and living on my own actually scares me, but I chose this path and I'm willing to face everything that's thrown into my face. Hopefully I meet some people here before embarking on a new phase of my life.